22 January 2008

Facts & Figures


  • The highest mountain is Piton de la Petite Rivière Noire at a height of 828m.
  • The longest river is Grand River South East which measures 34 km.
  • The highest waterfall is the Tamarind Falls with a total of 295 m in the rainy season.
  • The wettest part of the island is Curepipe, with rainfall of nearly 3 m each year.
  • The hottest part is the west coast with temperatures reaching a daytime high of 31°c in summer.
  • The east coast is the windy part of the island, especially in winter (June to August).
  • The hottest and wettest months are December to March.
  • The coolest months are June to August. The driest is October.

2 comments:

Pam Hoffman said...

I have read a number of your blog posts and I am wondering something.

Would you consider putting a map on your site?

I think I have an idea where in the world you are (it sounds MARVELOUS!) I'm just kind of looking for something in a graphic format to see where you are located.

This is a very nice place to learn about your area. I didn't know about it before this and I'm looking forward to learning more from you!

Pam Hoffman
http://seminarlist.blogspot.com

Brian Morgan said...

Hey some nice photos and reading- Great job. Brian Morgan http://DoYouKnow.typepad.com/